Dear colleagues and friends,
On behalf of the Ibero-American Nutrition Foundation (FINUT), we would like to kindly invite you to the FINUT 2020 Conference on Food and Nutrition (www.finut2020.com). The FINUT 2020 will be held at the Barceló Reforma Hotel in Mexico City on October 11-13, 2020, under the slogan “All working together for a better nutrition”.
FINUT is a nonprofit organization founded in 2011 by the International Union of Nutritional Sciences (IUNS), the Latin American Society of Nutrition (SLAN), and the Spanish Nutrition Society (SEÑ) to promote knowledge, research, development and innovation of Nutrition and Food in Ibero-America. The FINUT programs are aimed at training professionals and researchers interested in these areas and building partnerships with governments, universities, research centers and other organizations, both public and private, to provide scientific answers to meet the challenges of the region.
Since its foundation, FINUT has actively participated in the organization of:
- 2 IUNS International Congresses on Nutrition (20th IUNS-ICN Granada, Spain 2013 and 21st IUNS-ICN Buenos Aires, Argentina 2017),
- 10th International Food Data Conference organized by FAO,
- 3 FAO Workshops on Food Composition Data,
- 41 on-site events in 11 Ibero-American countries.
The main objective of this FINUT 2020 Conference, which will be held every two years, is to create a space for exchange and discussion of ideas regarding the main challenges of Food and Nutrition in Ibero-America, to provide solutions aimed at improving the health of the populations of the region, where all the stakeholders, both public and private, are present and can share their thoughts.
The 4 main topics of the FINUT 2020 Conference are:
- Challenges of nutrition and public health in Ibero-America.
- Nutrition in the prevention and treatment of chronic diseases.
- Safe, healthy and sustainable foods.
- Challenges for an effective and efficient public-private partnership in food and nutrition.
We appreciate in advance your interest in the FINUT 2020 Conference, we hope to have the opportunity to greet you and share experiences in Mexico City, as well as to enjoy the scientific program in an environment of excellence and open relationships.
Prof. Ángel Gil
President of FINUT
Prof. Luis Moreno
Prof. Benjamín Caballero
President of the